WATERMAN TRAINING PROGRAM in BALI
Breathing, Apnea & Freediving Training
"Take your ocean experience to the next level"
4 week training program
Check our prices:
start from USD$ 259.00
March 19th - April 12th 2024
Uluwatu & Amed
What to expect...
- Develop the fitness & skill to SPEARFISH comfortably and safely at depths of 10 – 15m+
- FREEDIVE down to 20 – 25m
- Ability to hold your breath for 3:00 – 5:00 minutes
- SURF feeling at home at sea, in the knowledge that you have enough tools (mind, breath & body) to deal with the different challenges the ocean could throw at you
JOIN THE WATERMAN TRAINING PROGRAM
DEVELOP ADAPTATIONS & BUILD THE SKILLS ON HOW TO:
- Use breath to control mind & body
- Surf with more confidence
- Spearfish deeper & safer
- Take your Freediving to the next level (technique, depth, etc)
- Expand your lungs and get the best from your breath: air pressurization & buoyancy control
- Be smart with the use of resources (Energy & O2) when playing at sea
- ...and offcourse, hold your breath much longer
Testimonials : What others are saying
"Training with Augusto helped me redefine and push my limits in a safe way. Without doubt, the relaxation techniques during the apneas (breath holding exercises) allowed me to understand and become aware of what happens to the body & mind when you are pushing them to the limit. For anyone looking for Ocean Fitness & Confidence, this course and training programs are a MUST!!!"
Piero Saenz (Surfer)
" I really enjoy spending time learning from Augusto. I've had a few session now and i like to keep things regular as a way to keep on top of things over time. Obviously i find it helps a lot with surfing in terms of mind control and staying calm in some sticky situations but i also like to use his training methods and apply them across other areas of my life. Health and work life for example. He's a great guy, super professional and surfs too which i feel makes it more relatable versus some of the other similar courses i've tried. Highly recommended."
Tai Graham (Surfer & Entrepreneur)
"During a big day at Padang Padang, I found myself in a really bad situation. After this experience, I decided that I really wanted to feel ready and be safer in situations like that. I made a search for an apnea course and I found Augusto. I can only say that the course can be literally life changing. When I first started I couldn´t hold my breath for more than 28 seconds, after few exercises, practice, help and learning, I was able to hold it for 3 minutes. Now I feel really safe in more challenging conditions. So i´m able to slowly push my limits a bit more day by day. Thanks Augusto."
Alex Hontoria (Surfer)
"Survival Apnea was my first experience with breathing techniques. What surprised me the most was how "breath" influences our daily live and how breathing & apnea practices are not just important for big wave surfing and spearfishing, which were my main interests to work with Augusto. A great learning experience that I will carry with me for the rest of my life."
Bruno Santos (Surfer & Spearfisherman)
"Augusto is both a freediver/spearfisherman and a surfer who likes to challenge himself in big surf. As well as an excellent mentor and coach. From participating in Augusto's trainings I received reiteration of staying calm under fire and also many valuable techniques to increase breathholds and expand the edges of my comfort zone both in spearfishing and surfing big waves …
Thanks Augusto 🤙🏼"
Jake McKenzie (Surfer & Spearfisherman)
We are here to guide and support your journey to better WATERMANSHIP
4 week IN-PERSON training program
FULL PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 2 weekly BREATHING & POOL TRAINING sessions at Mana - Uluwatu (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- 2 weekly FREEDIVING sessions for any level in Amed (Fridays)
- Online support materials (videos & pdfs)
- Carefully designed session progressions that adjust to your level
- Direct communication with your Coach
Note: transport to Amed is not included, but we can help you organise it.
TAKE YOUR OCEAN EXPERIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Some of the SKILLS you will develop and MASTER :
RELAXATION & CALMNESS
Learn to enter deep relaxation states
- cultivate presence and calmness
- sharpen your self-awareness & control
- protect yourself from anxiety, anticipation and panic
Expand your lungs and get the best from your breath
- Breath as a "gear box" to control mind and body
- Nose and mouth breathing
- Air pressurization and buoyancy control
- Sharp focus and self-control when under stress
- Solid underwater conduct
- Skillful breathing under pressure
Ability to solve problems in spite of setbacks and/or limited resources
- High level of ocean fitness & confidence
- Smart use of resources (energy & oxygen)
- Improved reactions and behaviours when dealing with challenges at sea
Better technique to move underwater efficiently & safely
- Deeper and safer dives on a single breath
- Longer breath holds
- Become someone safe to dive with
TAKE YOUR OCEAN EXPERIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
The objective is for you to take the knowledge & skills aquired during the program and apply them in your day to day Ocean experience.
This will translate to being more at home at sea, in a better position to focus on your performance, as less things will be holding you back.
Can beginners join the waterman training program?
What equipment do I need?
Where and when will the program take place?
Is transport to Amed included?
What happens if I miss a session?
MEET YOUR TRAINER
Having a strong connection with the Ocean inspired me to focus my teachings on sharing valuable insights to guide people along their journey to better watermanship.
The main intention of all my courses, workshops and programs is guide your journey to discover the resilient being that exists within us all.
My name is Augusto Vegas and I started with SURVIVAL APNEA in 2014. Having over 10 years as an educator has allowed me to create a simple, yet very effective, way to help others develop self awareness, self control, mental strength and learn how to tap into their full physical toughness.
I will make sure to teach you how to take these insights from theory to their application in real life Ocean scenarios.